I've found a secret little sliver of a park that's ideal for a fairy tale picnic in McMinnville. There's a brook (Baker Creek), lush grass, picnic tables, and ... The best part... no one else there.
This is how you have a fanciful picnic:
- Have Carmen at Peirano and Daughters make you an amazing charcuterie and cheese platter to go
- Purchase a bottle (or 2) of rosé and some picnic cups from the Vinum Ferus tasting room (806 SE 1st Street McMinnville, OR 97128)
- Pack up water, a blanket, a cork screw (this part is quite important), napkins, and whatever else you may want-cards, football, a book, etc
- Drive out to Huber Park
- Do not stop at the Ed Grenfell park that is on the same road but not nearly as secluded. Keep going.
- There is no cell phone service once you're at the park
- Dogs are allowed
- As far as I can tell, drinking is legal there. They seem to be more concerned prohibiting livestock and bows and arrows.